|Note to Internet Explorer 10 users: Please set your browser to Compatibility Mode by pressing the F12 key on your keyboard, and, where it says Browser Mode, please choose "Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Mode". We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you.|
The 2013-2014 Annual Statement Studies are now available!
RMA would like to thank the participating institutions in the 2013 Annual Statement Studies submission drive. Once the submissions are tabulated, a final list of participation institutions will be made available here. To participate in next year's Annual Statement Studies submission drive, please contact our Annual Statement Studies Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Statement Studies are the only source of composite performance metrics derived directly from the financial statements of financial institutions’ borrowers and prospects. These financial statements come directly to RMA from our member institutions, which get their data straight from their customers.
The Annual Statement Studies will help you to:
- Make better-informed credit decisions in a fraction of the time.
- Improve customer relationships. You will be able to demonstrate to your customers that you really understand their business by helping them identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify prospects.
- Perform immediate benchmarking with the simple-to-use format.
This consistently reliable source of financial statement benchmarks on private businesses (for more than 94 years now!) includes two publications:
Financial Ratios Benchmarks
Comprehensive, detailed data on over 780 industries—derived directly from financial statements.
The standard for financial statement comparative analysis is here. Built around balance sheet and income statement performance measures, these industry reports give you the foundation for understanding the typical companies operating in a particular industry, as well as the basis for comparing specific situations to an industry composite.
Financial Ratio Benchmarks includes:
- Nineteen classic financial statement ratios, clearly defined. It’s like getting a free financial textbook with your purchase.
- Common-size balance sheet and income statement. Six balance sheet and income statement line items are presented in common-size format.
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size. Six different asset and sales size categories are presented to ensure a perfect match to your situation.
- Unique information. No other information provider gets their data from where we get ours.
- More than 780 industries presented using the 2012 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes.
- You’ll get the most up-to-date information for the current period, and you’ll be able to compare it quickly to the past fifteen periods.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures
Better information for better measures and strategies.
Representing a major content expansion of the Annual Statement Studies, Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures contains probability of default estimates, cash flow measures, and change in financial position information for more than 702 industries. It brings together the power of Moody's RiskCalc Plus for private companies and the Statement Studies database to provide distribution statistics on one-year and five-year expected default frequency estimates by industry. These benchmarks add substantial value to the critical analysis of cash flow for private companies.
Industry Default Probabilities and Cash Flow Measures includes:
- Probability of default estimates on a percentage scale, mapped to a .EDF bond rating scale.
- Cash flow measures on a common-size percentage scale.
- Change in position, normalized, year over year, for eight financial statement line items.
- Data arrayed by asset and sales size.
- Trend data available for the past fifteen years.
If you do not have a subscription to eStatement Studies and would like access, you can find ordering information on how to order online or via phone here.
View a recording of our eStatement Studies Web seminar. (This webseminar is FREE)
This seminar walks you through eStatement Studies with a quick demonstration of its features so that you can maximize its benefits and access the data in a way that’s most convenient for your analysis.
University libraries interested in obtaining access to eStatement Studies should visit our eSS for Universities page for more information.
RELATED EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES:
Real Estate Developer Financial Statement Analysis: Analyzing Developers Utilizing GAAP Statements
This course is designed to assist bankers who receive generally good quality financial statements and who wish to understand the more complex accounting treatments used by real estate developers and the impact on the analysis.
Financial Statement Analysis
A combination of the two courses formerly known as Fundamentals of Financial Statement Analysis and Intermediate Financial Statement Analysis, this course teaches the skills, analytical process, and decision-making techniques for analyzing financial statements—invaluable knowledge that can assist you in making sound credit decisions.
Recorded Web Seminars
Financial Statement Fraud: The Numbers Never Lie…Or Do They? Part 1: How Financial Statements are Falsified
This seminar focuses on the techniques borrowers use to manipulate their financial statements. Using case studies of large and small companies, you will learn the different approaches to finding financial statement fraud.
Financial Statement Fraud: The Numbers Never Lie…Or Do They? Part 2: How to Detect Falsified Financial Statements
This seminar is for business bankers, analysts, and other lending professionals responsible for reviewing financial statements, as well as newcomers to the lending industry, to determine the creditworthiness of borrowers.
Off-Balance-Sheet Risks in Financial Accounting
Bankers must be equipped to perform due diligence on clients’ financial statements. Learn to be aware of accounting practices that can impact your clients’ financial position.